Memphis Division of Park and Neighborhood works hard to improve existing facilities and bring new facilities to the people of Memphis. In our Planning & Development department, landscape architects, designers, and planners oversee all park planning and development of new parks and recreation/cultural facilities as well as upgrades to existing facilities and parks.
Reference Maps of Park Sites
(click map above to view full detail)
Current Projects Under Design
- Improvements at Morris Park
- Wolf River Greenway - Phase 5, along McLean Ave. to Rodney Baber Park.
- Pink Palace Planetarium Improvements
- Pink Palace Museum Improvements
- Major Maintenance at Memphis Brooks
- Holmes and Tchulahoma Park
- Historical Signage in Partnership with the Urban Art Commission
Current Projects Under Construction
- South Parkway
- Maintenance repairs at Gooch and Riverview outdoor pools.
Projects to be under Construction Soon
- Roof repairs at the historic Mallory-Neely House
- Construction of Charjean Park
- Median landscape plantings at Covington Pike and Warford.
Projects recently completed
- Wolf River Greenway - Phase 3 Shady Grove Rd to City of Germantown
- Construction of Fletcher Creek Park
- Addition of Picnic Pavilion and Playground Improvements at Raleigh Bartlett Meadows Park
- Improvements at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Field Turf and Exterior Painting of Stadium
- Improvements at Lichterman Nature Center
- Memphis Skate Park at Tobey Park