The Downtown Memphis Commission
(5) members appointed by the City Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
(5) members appointed by the County Mayor and confirmed by the County Commission.
Ex-officio members with vote:
City Mayor or designee;
County Mayor or designee;
(1) member of City Council appointed by Chairman;
(1) member of County Commission appointed by Chairman;
(1) member of Senate General Assembly appointed by Speaker of the Senate;
(1) member of the House of Representatives appointed by Speaker of the House.
Ex-officio members with no vote:
Chairman of City Council;
Chairman of County Commission.
16 Member Board.
FUNCTION & AUTHORITY:
To market and develop Downtown Memphis.
TERMS OF MEMBERS:
3 Year term for private sector appointees;
Ex-officio members serve as along as appointment.