The Downtown Memphis Commission Selection Process:
(5) members appointed by the City Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
(5) members appointed by the County Mayor and confirmed by the County Commission.
Ex-officio members with vote:
City Mayor or designee;
County Mayor or designee;
(1) member of City Council appointed by Chairman;
(1) member of County Commission appointed by Chairman;
(1) member of Senate General Assembly appointed by Speaker of the Senate;
(1) member of the House of Representatives appointed by Speaker of the House.
Ex-officio members with no vote:
Chairman of City Council;
Chairman of County Commission.
16 Member Board.
Function & Authority:
To market and develop Downtown Memphis.
Terms Of Members:
3 Year term for private sector appointees;
Ex-officio members serve as along as appointment.